Sunday, June 28, 2015

Slieve Bearnagh

The vastness and power nature holds nurtures my awe for the incredible planet earth. 
It's majestic and silent ways are both sublime and consoling. 


Here I am, pleased I've made it to the summit of Slieve Bearnagh. It was decent weather. Some light rain and glimpses of blue sky. Of course I got wet in the mire under a dry looking clump of heather just as I was getting started out, but that was minor. The inspiring view from the top was clear and crisp and well worth the four hour trek. Nothing taller than heather grows as you begin to truly go upwards, but there are many tiny, cheerful wild flowers. There are interesting outcroppings of rock on this particular peak, as well as it's section of the wall. Quite a few others, all locals judging by their voices, joined me in the peacefulness of the outdoors. 



More photos later when I transfer those from my camera, including from the summit. 
The panorama is only from part way up. 

I think I might be becoming Northern Irish-
I did manage a sunburn when there wasn't even any sun...!


A few dabblings here and there in the pursuit of artistic happiness brought me to experiment with a wee naked cake and some fondant. I'm really fond of this cake trend, both coloured and natural. They make a fine canvas for fresh fruit and flowers, though obviously won't hold in the moisture the way a covered cake can. Looking forward to decorating a bigger one some day soon. 


Fondant is fun, but better when proper tools are on hand, and best when you've figured out how to control it under prevailing levels of humidity. The clean lines it creates are very stylish and posh and something I'd like to master, simply to comfortably add it to my repertoire, though truly, it's the look, texture and taste of a nicely frosted cake I love best. 

It makes me laugh that these are referred to as 'buns' rather than cupcakes, but that'll do. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment