Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Last Weir

It is important to realize the gratitude for what life gives us and 
for those ways of living which make life extraordinary. 
Sometimes these thoughts float through my philosophical head, unaccompanied by an event. 
More often, not.

Death, however often forces one to think, and now I must consider the meaning of life, 
as it were to Nigel, my nephew, my wonderful nephew, so full of joy for life. 
The kind of person I wish the world were made of... 
The missing, the knowing, the sadness, the loss, and the feelings of absolute sympathy I have for my brother and sister-in-law. All so intense. 

This will hurt forever. 
But this is also a time to reflect upon Nigel's enthusiasm and passion, and to apply oneself with his same principles. He was focused, happy, committed, positive, enthusiastic and busy taking on the world with a gentle sort of unfailing passion that passed goodwill subtly to those around him.

I feel so grateful for the time I spent with Nigel, and for all the time everyone else spent with him, most recently, his friends in Brisbane, who've all contributed to making these 21 years of his life wonderful. 


This is a moment of dusk and also a moment of dawn - a novelty of June. 

I promise to bear this painful time and create in myself a person of the same principles so I can forever hold you in my heart. 

How sad we all are to be without you Nigel!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elfi, I just found out about your dad so I looked you up. I hope life has otherwise been good to you and I'm so sorry for your losses! - Kate McLaren

    ReplyDelete