Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Nothing Cheers Me Up Like Making Cake

If I've got the time to bake and frost a cake, it will always brighten my mood. And if, like below, it makes other people happy, too, I know it's a very cheerful endeavour. 
Who doesn't like making your friends smile? 


I wish I'd taken a close up photo of the cake, but alas I did not. 
The flower decoration worked very nicely albeit I wanted little sprouting carrots to appear out of the top. They aren't quite ready yet this season I'm told. Next time carrot cake. Next time.
Loving this current naked cake trend. Quick yet super pretty. 
The flowers could include leaves, fruits, or nuts... Endless possibilities!


Exercise boosts my mood. Especially when this is what my route looks like. Jealous? 
I have been since I left two years ago. Glad to back on track! 


Or what about homemade rustic bread? Delicious and happiness inducing. Yum!
This loaf represents my first bread baking in Northern Ireland. 
Quite successful but will try a little less liquid next time. 
The air here is just so full of humidity and I ended up with too much stickiness for my new rising basket for round loaves - recently acquired, care of another Elfi, and someone who likes Elfis. :) Thank you!


Another thing to make me glad, deep in my soul, is the beauty of the natural world.


And finally, after being to Corfu, Greece five times, I've had the pleasure of seeing it during the day! 


Above is actually Albania, below is just a little closer to the destination, from a slightly more south facing perspective. Behind the ridge you see on the closest part of Corfu, is a bay. On the far side of the bay there is a slightly browner patch, about halfway between the horizon and the main bolt of the window wiper. That's the airport of Kerkyra! (Albania is the land to the left.) 


What puts a spring in your step? I would love to know! 
But most importantly, do whatever it is and be happy :)





No comments:

Post a Comment