Thursday, June 4, 2015

Plane Business

Sometimes so much technical reading and attention, as much as I do enjoy it in a way - I do like to think it makes me more aware and possibly intelligent, too - plus some of it is actually interesting especially when it can be put to practice... really makes me yearn for some artistic action. 
The other side of the brain. Whatever. My whole brain hurts from studying!!!


The place where I'm living is rather devoid of character. It's plain. 
Ready to be dressed up a little. By me, for me. 
My first wee project, to put a little me in my home away from home, was to give an amazing card 
I received a showcase. It's the dark blue in the center with the biplane on it. When you open it it folds out into a paper plane... Now you know the secret of what's hanging on my wall :)

More decor soon I hope. I was totally inspired by the wife of a colleague, Leona. 
Their place looks like they've really moved in and the accent colour is red. 
What's not to like? Oh and she likes to cook real food. 
The two are totally entertaining and make a perfect couple to have in the next building :)


And speaking of planes... Here is the island of Menorca as we approach it from the north. Not so impressive as it's sister island Majorca (or Mallorca) because it's not got a mountain range on the north coast, but the coves are just as bright blue. It's a more family oriented destination, which I know for certain because we had 45 children and 10 babies on board (!) and the island certainly has fewer visitors as the airport is quite quiet. The airport is called Mahón after the nearby city. 


Canadians just do not take their children on holidays the way they do in the UK - for better or for worse I suppose - that's another discussion all of its own ;) What I can say though? With (only) four flights at the beginning of the European season, our passengers are so nice and well behaved. I went to Ibiza (party island of the world in case you're not familiar) the other day and we had to move the plane a few feet after we initially parked. After an announcement and us coming to our final parking position, I opened the door and everyone was sitting and so quiet, that when I spoke I'm certain the passengers in row 32 could hear me. Ahhh, the darling Northern Irish! 


Above is the south of France, looking toward Montpellier with Istres and Marseille on the other side of the plane. Paris was once again overcast. I'm still waiting for my chance to see the Eiffel Tower... 
                               

Hello sprinkles! 
The quins dreams are made of... or perhaps the quins of 31st birthdays...!
Right! More on that shortly, too. I've only got two days to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment