Thursday, May 28, 2015

Eating Well, Raining Hard

 

I think I've become quite accustomed to the time difference, by now, but I'm waiting for Air Traffic communication to become comfortable. Maybe if I just had an accent... Or English weren't my native language... Maybe it would be easier?! A few weeks ago I made a hearty attempt, which became quite a chore, to extract terminology and correct radiotelephony procedures. The issue now is to actually formulate speech with the same patterns and words. The Europeans are so precise. Americans are nonchalant. In fact they can be downright embarrassing - or hilarious - depending on how you view it. And in Canada we have very little formal direction, which results in a fairly informal radio language used amongst native English speakers who understand eachother easily. 

I am enjoying the fact UTC is only an hour different than local time. It makes calculating things that much easier! 



On a food related note, avocados seem to be in nearly everything I'm eating lately. They must be in season somewhere. Africa? I really don't know where the produce in the UK is sourced if it doesn't come from the UK. (There is an interesting government push to have something like 75% of what can be homegrown, produced and sold here within the UK - I wonder how Canada equates?) Anyway, avocados are ripe for the eating! Yum!!!


I find avocado loves salt, and this lovely spice mixture which claims to be Turkish (it could equally be Moroccan, though what do I know I've never been to either place, other than the Tarmac of an airport). It contains Cumin, Pepper, Coriander, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Mint, Cardamom, Clove and there are actually also dried Rose Petals! Delicious!!!


Below was a pleasing experiment. I was being messy though with my pouring, so the result is ugly. 
This lemon 'pudding' is a delight and rather similar to lemon curd which makes it a rather appropriate dessert for the UK. It was a suggestion from my best friend and we both love it! 
Better pictures when I make this next time... 


Lemon is soooooo goooooood!!! I am going citrus-zingy at the minute! 


You wouldn't guess it's almost ten pm in this photo, but the days are long, or shall we say the nights are light?! Luckily the clouds parted over the bay Belfast is built around so I could snap this photo. Usually it's not clear. In the inlet of water, in the center of the picture, is where the Titanic was built. 
'Tis so. 

By today we've had torrential rains and a hail storm so the clouds are back. I made a good choice when I chose to go for a jog as I didn't even get a drop of rain but instead rays of sunshine while I was out. Now I'm sitting warm and dry in my window seat watching the trees bend significantly and the hail beat the pane. 

Must be Spring! 

Now let's have SUMMER!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment