Saturday, July 19, 2014

Fruity Dessert and Heraklion

I had an artistic moment here with my pie crust sculpture. Unfortunately it didn't withstand heat despite the fact crusts are meant to be baked, however the taste was great! Under the layers of fruit was pastry cream, which was a bit of an experiment as it was baked into the middle. I say was, because it disappeared quickly! 


We had a big storm last night in Southern England. The day was clear in a million, hot and sunny. One those perfect summer days. St Elmo's fire was dancing for almost an hour on our windshield after departure like exquisite black light electric vanes. Below is the A380 making us feel rather insignificant. 


The weather improved to the East and the night was lovely as we approached Iraklion (Heraklion) on Crete. As the sun began to make its impression on dawn, we flew toward home past Athens. 


And a about 20 minutes later:


Since that fruit tart was polished off so quickly, we naturally needed something else sweet, so I made something English for my visiting canadian guest: Lemon Curd! Unfortunately Linda doesn't seem to enjoy lemons as much as I do in this format. Oh well I guess I'll need to use up the egg whites the curd would otherwise waste, and make mousse au chocolate...


No comments:

Post a Comment