Friday, July 4, 2014

Egg-cellent

The studying like a maniac section of my life is over for now. Yahoo!!! 

Time for everything else fun! I've been riding my bike around but I am planning to do something somewhat more major, for which I got a detailed cycle-way map today. I may start Sunday. Maybe Monday? I purchased it at the bookstore, then took a little walk aroud the downtown area and ran some errands. The core of Crawley is a bit of a maze-like pedestrian courtyard, in a way similar to Belfast, but not as extensive or as nice, but there were a few street musicians which were really great to hear. My cupboard is slowly becoming stocked for some real cooking because I'm missing that kind of food. Baking will follow, naturally.


And knitting, too. As a matter of fact I've got a little hat on the go. It's in a colour that reminds me of loving a whole palette of colours, not knowing which one I could love best, literally. When I was a little girl, my sister was painting, as usual, but she had a particular pallet on the go that really spoke to me with its squirts and squiggles of watercolour... everything was a mess in a way, but was in the precise spot to make the other shades and hues dance around eachother and pop. It in itself represents art to me. Yep, the creation and beginning of ART! There were two colours on that pallet which remain in my memory still - one was a maroon, the same shade as this new project. It's exciting when colours make you this excited and you can knit in them, too! The other colour was a light green the colour of new leaves, mixed with aqua, of which she gave me a large blob. I paint so infrequently I still have a tiny blip of that paint in the heart ice cube tray I also still use as a paint box. 


There's even a knitting group meeting twice a month not far from here which I hope to join up with. I hope they are as friendly and lovely as my ladies in Ballyclare. 

At the grocery store, to my surprise and delight!!! while looking for eggs I came upon these first:


Duck Eggs!!! How cool is that. Better for baking they say, irresistable for Lemon Curd I say! 

Next door sat another mighty surprise contained in half dozen cartons:


Can you see the colour of these eggs??? Well if your monitor is off, they are blue. Yep, blue-ish green even perhaps. Similar to the ones my next door neighbours had once, though those were truly green, just like the ham ;) ... but they were vegetarians. lol 


These say soft boiled eggs and dipping toast fingers! Ohhhh, I am a kid at heart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment