Thursday, June 19, 2014

New Home Sweet (Wee) Home

I haven't yet been in Crawley for 24 hours, but I know I'm going to be happy here. 
Getting here was long (including 10 hours in YYZ) but smooth and although I didn't sleep a wink, I'm not doing too badly. I feel much less jet lagged than usual, but I'm sure I could take a nap today rather easily. I'll just try reading a manual for work and surely I'll doze right off!


The rental car drives well but I'll miss the Golf TDI from last year. Do you see the plate almost has my name on it? :) I'm not sure I'll be using the car much though, since everything is so well set up to walk, bus and ride your bike. And my bike is on its way, hopefully arriving on the weekend! Crawley is great. Quaint and cute and rather quiet, yet full of houses and yards and people and traffic. It's certainly not scary, even in the dark of night. If you can call it dark with all the street lights. We went by foot to the Snooty Fox for dinner and drinks. A pub here seems to have a significantly different feel than in Northern Ireland. I guess people are less drunk and less friendly.  Tesco is right down the road and I'll be paying them a visit later for groceries and hopefully a phone, too. 



And here it is from the front. My new place to call home for a bit. Below is the gate to the lane and the building behind.


I watched a few movies on my way over and I thought The Wedding Guest was quite cute, Fargo was simple and rather direct, but a classic. (Quite glad I waited until after the Toronto-Calgary drive to watch it otherwise it might have been unnerving!) And the other was a waste of time. I also finished The Girl You Left Behind, by Jojo Moyes, historical fiction tied to modern day, flip flopping between, which I enjoyed. A nice story.

No comments:

Post a Comment