Thursday, June 12, 2014

Hello Birthday Cake!

 This was a monumental cake. 
Chocolate cake in 6 layers, separated by vanilla butter cream, salted caramel and shortbread crumbs three times, and ganache sandwiched between two layers as well as all over the outside...
Even I, who can take a lot of sweet indulgences regularly, 
would say this cake is decadent and rich.
It took quite a while to make all the parts and the assembly goes slowly, too, 
but well worth the time. 
I lovvvvvved it! 
We tried to have cake in San Francisco, and chances are we just didn't go to the right place, 
and ended up not counting a bad cake encounter as the official birthday cake.
This one completely made up for that wee stumble - 
A perfect birthday cake for me!



It's another delightful Sweetapolita creation called the Sweet & Salty Millionaire's Cake.
(Did you know she's writing a cake book? Well she is, and I bet it'll be amazing!)


Mine doesn't look as spectacular as hers, 
but once I do it six times or so I may just get the hang of it.
Meanwhile no one is complaining they have to help eat it!


 You know you've made a good cake when after a long eating silence occurs, 
it is suggested when I retire I open a kind of B&B but more B&C which would mean Bed and Cake. Or a Tea House where the cake and the view are so good it becomes famous. 
As in, if you read a travel book about Salt Spring it would be listed in the top ten musts. 
Maybe... regardless it is great to be appreciated ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment