Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Happy Easter!

It's an astonishingly early Easter and it has taken me almost by surprise. 
My preparations mostly involve food.
Eggs are predominant, but I have chosen artichokes as my something special. 


Our babies are a big focus of course, 
which may be why I have been neglecting Easter and spring. 



However, since the weather is so balmy we've been enjoying outside...

Wishing everyone a lovely Easter weekend - now scamper to the hamper, 
or wherever your clues tell you to hunt! 

******

Another two cakes for another two birthdays! 


I haven't heard about the results of this one above, 
an ode to the peanut butter-chocolate cake from last summer, 
but chocolate chip cookie-chocolate instead just in case of allergies,
but the one below was confirmed to be tasty since I did have the chance to 
eat a couple slices myself. ;)


I love the old-fashioned elements in this cake. 
The inside is raspberry whipped cream between three layers of white cake.
We enjoyed it with fresh raspberries on the side. 

There was actually a third as well, 
but since it was an ice cream cake, 
and the melting factor was a critical element of it's intact arrival, 
I had to leave it wrapped up. So no photo. 
Which also reminds me of my general lament of not taking 
a 'slice missing' or 'on a plate' photo, 
but it is just plain rude to open a cake before the recipient does so themselves! 


Meow




No comments:

Post a Comment