Sunday, March 16, 2014

Stitching Forward


I'm usually pretty good about having only one project on the go, 
finishing it and then beginning something new, but due to running out of yarn, 
and resisting crocheting edging, I've got three projects going simultaneously: 
another toque, a baby sweater/bootie/hat set and a scarf... 
YIKES!

 I need to find some Koigu KPM which is becoming harder me harder to come by 
and I'd prefer to get it in Canada if possible since it's Canadian in the first place! 
The KPPPM sure looks pretty, but it's the KPM hand painted 
shade deepening and paling that I really am in love with... Check Koigu out here
I'm hoping I can get some from Toronto. 



Here is my latest project off the needles. A toque. 
It's a slight variation of the pattern called Hamish published in a book by the name of Aran Knits. 
Mine is a West Coast version, which we fondly refer to as the 'rain hat'.  
For warmth this toque could really have come down further over the ears,
however, I do rather like the tuft of hair that pokes out the front!




I'm actually pretty impressed that I could make something so interesting which would still suit a man, (of course that is my opinion, but Jordan wears it, or so I think so that should be proof) 
though it was meant to be in a shade of blue, which will eventually be knit up in the form 
of a second toque - which has been cast on - and will cover the ears more. 



*****


Manos Del Uraguay
490 yards - DK - 30% Silk 70% Extrafine Merino
I also bought this spur of the moment... Any suggestions on what it should become? 
I was thinking maybe this or this with another colour, or??? 



*****


Also, by good luck I drove by a shop I read about last year. It's called Silk Road Spice Merchant
I didn't have a chance to stop then, so I went back recently on a lazy day out with my darling :)
This is what I bought:

 

So fresh, so nice, so delicious. Just the right size for my little kitchen.
The shop was friendly and lovely inside with a nostalgic feel.
And just look at how sweetly packaged they are!
P.S. They are in tiny ziplock bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment