Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Rising Jealously

What I am most jealous of is the rising perfection my father achieves. 
It wouldn't be so bad if I used another technique and didn't get the same results but the thing is, 
I could stand right beside him and do precisely the same things, 
and my loaves would rise to half the size. 
Grrrr. 

Okay, so actually we've never tried that, so I don't know that's true, but it seems that way. 
We've had many conversations about what I might be doing differently or wrong to no avail, 
but this year beginning (and hopefully end) of my quest for bread perfection.


Golden Sunflower Loaf

I've been using a basic white loaf recipe from Kitchen Aid's recipe book that came with 
my stand mixer, my Dad's Golden Sunflower loaf recipe and most recently a Baguette recipe 
from a guide book to baking bread titled Bread Making, by Lauren Chattman.

The silver lining in this cloud is the allure of warm, fresh bread. 
No one seems to mind eating it even if its a little dense :)

The Bread Making book is from the library, a few times renewed, and it is very informative 
and full of very specific recipes, which I think should be quite helpful. 
I need to master the simple breads with dry yeast, 
but I am looking forward to creating my own yeasts in the future. 
Sourdough!!!


A Fresh Baguette

 The most success I have had so far is with the baguette recipe. 
I have been informed by a connoisseur it even rips like a real baguette! 
...And then he ate it all. 
Also a good sign I'd say. 

The second attempt was even better than the first, 
though I have been too scared to ruin the beautiful rise to try slitting before baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment