Monday, September 24, 2012

Fall Home Show

Final Days In Toronto

Since my time is just about coming to an end here in Toronto I was reflecting on what I've done in the city.  Considering I've been here for a year and a half, it doesn't feel like I've really done much.  Then again, that's because I often spend my days off in other cities in other countries.  I'm not really disappointed, but wanted to make sure I did something I would remember on my last couple days off.  And it had to include my favouite Toronto acquired possession: My red bike!


xox Bike Love xox
Today I decided to ride my bicycle along the Lakeshore and attend the Fall Home Show.  It worked out well because I parked by the mouth of the Humber River and rode along the trail to the Better Living Center where the convention was held.  They even had bike racks there!  (Mississauga you should take the hint)  The ride was gentle and took about 40 minutes for the round trip and I spent three hours inside at the show.  I didn't have to pay for parking and it didn't even rain.  Lucky me :)  The weather was actually quite pretty, but the coolness has set in and I had to use my gloves on the ride back.  Fall is here!  A special thanks for helping me with my bike: Alex, Amit, Antonio, Dale, Frank, Fruita and Wiseman.  
Always keeping me safe from zero to 248 knots!  Filia xxx



Lakeshore and the Humber River pedestrian bridge


These buildings are pretty tall considering they are outside the city center and have very few shops within walking distance, but they are rather popular with my colleagues.  In fact I know of three who live there.  The best part would be the view.  It's of the city skyline and the CN tower looks lovely at it's 1815.4 foot height, the fifth tallest building in the world - though it was the tallest free standing structure until 2008.  I bet looks even better from a hi-rise balcony.


Can't say which photo I prefer...  


I saw numerous interesting displays at the Fall Home Show.  I've been pretty preoccupied with sleep lately so perhaps that's why beds were so interesting.  Hidden Bed Canada makes some very space conscious and attractive bed/desk systems that I highly suggest taking a look at.  Fantastic for an office you might like to have double as a guest bedroom, and the installation and assembly are included in the price.  If you want an amazing and versatile mattress with options, that will last something along the lines of a lifetime (the warrenty is 20 years!) you might consider spending the money for a Component Bed.  

I have seen interesting wall paper used in more applications recently, but I think Mural Unique is perhaps the best I've seen yet.  It uses photos on life-size or larger scale and you can even have your own photos developed this way for a very personal wall effect.  It removes easily, unlike older style wall paper.  My favourite (yes I am biased!) is the rose.  ...One day when I have a bedroom I own...  Other nature pictures are also lovely and I certainly love the idea of a world map. 

These are all Canadian companies, I am very proud to say.  And they ship, eh!



For those who like to admire Mechanical Advantage

I've never seen a small sink (and cabinet combo) in Canada before.
But we have some little WCs too. Cute.
Made by Eurodesign.  

Also check out the innovative, modern, clean appeal of the kitchens at Svea
I love the dancing pantry.  
Yes, it pirouettes!

This company comes from Slovenia and the surfaces are very low maintenance.  Add your own counter top... Like quartz for example and you can keep the low maintenance theme. 


Glass and Light.  Infinite Combinations of Beauty.
Sand isn't only for beaches!


That was fun.  Thanks Toronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment