Sunday, September 2, 2012

Happy Labour Day Long Weekend!!!

The Real Beginning of the Year

January may be the real beginning of the year, but September always feels like the appropriate time for 'new' even though I've been out of phase with school for more than a decade now.  September has always felt like a welcome return to reality, even if I really need to drag myself into it and glue a smile on my face, but by the first week the smile is usually permanent (and no I won't need a Sharpie for that).  It's a time to pull my socks up and get busy, get down to business and get some things done.  Which is good, because whether I like it or not, September is going to be a gruelling month.  The plan is to get through it and come out the other side with some knitting photos!  Actually if everything goes to plan we will head off to take them at Toronto's newest National Urban Park, Rouge Park!



In the mean time I'll leave you with a little note of sweetness:

Triple Blueberry Cupcakes


It's the same batter, icing and curd recipe I used for the Triple Lemon and Blueberry Cake but made into 24 cupcakes, just decorated a little differently.  This process will save time and still taste great!  I just used a Ziploc for the icing, cut a corner out and piped two circles toward the outer edge of the cupcake and then spooned the curd into the hole in the center.  Add a few berries and the summery blue and yellow theme prevails!



Voila!  
                                               End of summer BBQ ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment