Wednesday, March 1, 2017

28 Days Later...

I'm No zombies or rabid people, just one heck of a compact month (28 days) behind me. It was packed with far too much work to fit in anything more than the basics, or some short-form version of the basics, and I'm about to do it again.



A whole month is a while though, so I've collected a few things to talk about. I did manage to get my testers their second test packages to try - on time, which won't be the same for the third package, though I've certainly got it planned and I'll share that soon, too.


A sunset over the mid-west.


It is high season for me at work, so it's not all that surprising to be working hard, but I have been away so much more than any other year for days at a time with only a single day between which must be used only for the necessities. And we are not better from our colds. But I do have a bit of a tan, and I'm certain a good dose of vitamin D, too! 


Sometimes my horns show... haha!


In the summer I found Heritage Harvest Seeds website https://www.heritageharvestseed.com and fell in love with what they have to offer, their approach and the fact they grow in the same Zone as our own Blue Moon Farm. And I prefer to buy Canadian. I'd also like to order a number of items from Salt Spring Seeds again this year, even though my list is already at overkill, but (!) they have quite the selection of medicinal plants and botanicals, which is of extra interest to me this time because I'm hoping to use fresh, homegrown herbs in my various concoctions... Have you seen my pointed hat?! Lol. For the extra seeds I cannot source in either the above two places I shall use Renee's Seeds because they delighted me last year. Of course, I'll also be trying to sprout my saved seeds, which really excites me. I hope I'm able to get some decent results. 


To have fresh fruit would just be the cherry on top! 


Also, we plan to put in an orchard this year. I'm still comparing costs and making last minute decisions, which will hopefully all be in order by the month's end. And then we can have fruit! Okay, maybe not, but in a few years we could have fruit. I hope we have such an over abundance of fruit I will have more than we can eat, freeze or preserve! But don't count your chicks before they hatch, right?! 


https://www.floretflowers.com/book/

I was quite tempted to buy Florets new book and the garden planner that comes with it (deal of the month) even though I am quite okay (as far as I think) at planning gardens with my squared paper diagrams, planting layouts, spacing and starting schedules, but I'm sure there's room for improvement. Yes, so tempted I pre-ordered. 



We did have more litters of baby rabbits... Baby rabbits are the cutest! Even if they don't look like rabbits, yet. I love it when they first get whiskers. Funnily, our foul-tempered doe has been the best mama in this round of kits.  



I must get my camera out for some decent shots of the little critters, especially since Easter is getting closer. As you can see, especially in the photo above, when there are babies, and more so when there are multiple litters, things get hairy! Literally. And figuratively. But we are having more and more successes, thankfully! 




No comments:

Post a Comment