Sunday, April 26, 2015

Busy as a Bee

Everything here is busy, busy, busy. 
Signs of Spring in our home may be different than in other's as we are in the thick of things 
concerning work. It's been almost six months since my last simulator evaluation, 
so it's time to be re-tested, time to get organized to leave the country for 5 months 
and I need a new medical for work. 
Poor Jordan had an 'ouchie' incident the other day involving a tooth which he can 
no longer call his own... So no simple and easy on that end of things either. 
We're up to our ears, hoping all goes smoothly to plan. 
*************
Oh! Projects! And how I love them!




Anyway, hopefully Templepatrick (my Northern Ireland home) will be a wee bit of a 
restful place in time, once I get all settled in and comfortable with the job there. 

Departure is less than a month away!
There'll be time for all sorts in the tranquilness of the Emerald Isle...
I'm really excited about taking my camera, visiting Brown's Coffee House and my knitting club, 
the night life (possibly not so tranquil), the market, 1000 shades of green, 
more hiking in the Mournes, exploring further and in more detail 
and baking a few cakes from the Sweetapolita Bakebook , too.
It'll be my birthday after all.




Nevertheless birthday's can't go forgotten... 
and it was Allison's early celebration just last weekend. 
We took a long walk at Fish Creek Park. 
It's almost like you've left the city there. 
Very, very nice and also well used, at least on a sunny Sunday.

The deep dark chocolate cake in those cupcakes, leaves one satisfied. 
(or wanting more? I'm both at once I guess!)
The frosting is creamcheese. The ganache is sprinkled in sanding sugar. 
We ate them fiend-like in the parking lot after 
a long and fruitless attempt to light all six candles at once.
Then we needed water. 

Cupcakes are often too dry for me. These three-tablespoons-only of flour type fixed that.
Allison gave me the recipe book. I made the cupcakes.
Life is all about giving! (Sugar, Chocolate, Cheese...)

Stay tuned for some details concerning our mid summer holiday plans!!! :)
****************




No comments:

Post a Comment