Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Soup-ed Up

Despite the fact the house is a mess of half unpacked boxes of Christmas decorations, 
blocked drying knitted objects, gifts that need wrapping and my still full suit case, 
I really don't need anything else on my plate, however my bowl's been filled instead. 
With soup.

Corn Chowder

I made the mistake of over buying groceries this week, neglecting to evaluate our schedules 
(working away) and our going to Salt Spring for our early Christmas, so I went wild on vegetables.  Ahhh I hate wasting, so I had to use the contents of my crisper. 
A make work project at it's finest I see.


I took two classically heavy soups, and made them lighter, with the addition of vegetables, 
yet retained the delicuos flavours, likely due to the bacon and the homemade chicken stock. 
I chose to use bacon because it's smoky maple pairs so well with Corn Chowder, 
and since there was some left over, I added it to the Cheddar Broccoli, too.   



What a marvelous way to get your sweetheart to eat his vegetables. 
It's hard to say you don't like something after it's become unrecognizable in the blender. 
Do you see beet tops? No, nor do I. Therefore they cannot be there. Nope. Ha ha!

Cheddar Brocoli 

Although I do not cook my soups in either of the pots seen in the photos, I like to use them to store, heat and serve the soup. 


I know it's not really chocolate chip cookie season 
(bring on the shortbread, nanaimo bars, rum balls and eggnog)
but if you feel you could improve on your go-to recipe, please consider this recipe:





Time to tame the house!
and maybe eat more of those cookies :)










No comments:

Post a Comment