Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Bits and Bites

Well, I'm sitting here on my comfy couch, listening to the Country Christmas station, 
in front of our recently decorated tree, eating cookies and drinking fresh milk. 
It smells of fir in here.. Mmmm and gingerbread... Mmmmm... 
And I realize I am rather behind on posting, not to mention pretty much everything else. 

In fact, my head, so full of sugar plums and spinning at cyclone speeds, 
I actually forgot to go to my bother's for dinner. Requesting an agenda for Christmas, please. 
Oh my!


So let's get started - in no particular order:

Nostalgic Cuties 
Found on Pinterest, where I do find umpteen sources of inspiration. 
This little drawing should be of Martina and me! 


Up until now I had no idea how I looked when I knit. 
Here I am making the headband of Martina's toque - meanwhile she is taking the photo...
Engaged, concentrating, happy... 
I really should brush my hair more often, but apparently I was too busy with more important tasks ;)
By the way, I like how my living room looks. 
By looking at myself and my surroundings via someone else's view finder, I feel I am looking in on myself. It's like a total out of body experience. Just kidding. 
It's not, but a new perspective is interesting all the same. 


I purchased a skein of yarn for a Christmas project at Pudding Yarn
Kindly the lady working there set me up and I spun it into a ball. This is how it looked. 
The out of focus, spinning mini garden clothes hanger look alike is what holds the skein. 
The ball is wound near my hand.


The yarn is Madeline Tosh, Tosh Merino Light, Fingering weight, in colour way Mare. 
I chose it because it's manly, yet lovely. 
(I don't mean lovely versus manly, because the manly I have around here is definitely lovely, 
it's just so often manly colours are boring - I'm so happy this isn't!) 
It's Charcoal with undertones of denim and chocolate. 
Who could not like that???

More on that and a few other knitted and purled projects after Christmas. 
Wouldn't want to spoil in any surprises!

*****

Inspiration by Peggy Porschen:
We spent a day making this amazing smelling gingerbread town. It is still filling the condo with its merry scent. It's been a few weeks and I'm still intoxicated!


Here are the extras :)




We're parked correctly at the gate in Cancun, getting our fuel uplift, as you can see. I'd guess a ballpark figure of 18 tonnes. I like this photo. It was taken with my phone so the quality isn't super but the composition is pleasing. 

I heard in two years we may be getting 737-Maxs (the B737-900 and B787-800 labels reminded me of that). Increased range - just imagine the possibilities! 


East Coast Florida at Sunset:



East Coast Florida, slightly further north, afternoon:


Calgary, one crisp and beautiful morning:


There simply isn't a way of truly capturing the beauty and magic of the light at sunrise and sunset. 
The colours are so much richer than I can bring to you with my iPhone....!!!



Bye for now!
More on soup to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment