Thursday, August 22, 2013

Cable Yoke Sweater in Use

Well it's not quite that cold out yet... It's still summer! But I'm just getting myself prepared for winter. Who knows when the cold weather will hit? When it does, I want to have warm clothes to slip on! In the meantime I managed to wear it for the photo without sweating.

                                  

I'm quite happy with the outcome. Another Vogue Knitting pattern. The fit is good... Some changes in the torso included shaping and honestly I could have reduced the width further.  The sleeves are short like the original pattern which I like and I'm guessing will make me wear it more often as my hands will be free. The yarn is from Knit Picks and is a pretty colour and I like the tweed, but I don't really love the texture. Kind of rough.  

 

My favourite part is the cable pattern as its complex and pretty, yet clear and has a Celtic influence. Of course when I cast on I couldn't have known I'd be here in Belfast to finish the project, but it is a pleasant coincidence. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment