Friday, August 2, 2013

Londonderry Night-Stop

Thanks to work I had the chance to visit Londonderry for a 24 hour night-stop as the crew refer to it over here. We arrived in the late afternoon by taxi from Belfast, very tired from our early morning. I intended to nap so I could stay up late to prepare myself for the following work day, but instead I went exploring. Luckily we stayed right downtown. No matter what other people may have said, Londonderry or Derry, I loved it! The center is so old and steep and interestingly laid out. It is also well cared for and covered with flowers...

There were many restaurants to choose from, many with fantastic menus, many close by, though we chose to eat at 'The Exchange' mostly because it is the closest to the hotel and by then it was raining (and my company, Captain-doesn't-like-to-get-wet, didn't, understandably, want to get wet).  My food was good - I had steamed salmon in a puff pastry shell with watercress and spinach sauce - and there was plenty of choice at reasonable prices, but what I was most impressed about was my Planter's Punch.  Afterward I went shopping because occasionally I do enjoy that sort of thing and do require new clothing from time to time... Lol you say? I know, I am a woman but actually the last time I went clothes shopping was April 2012, unless you'd like to count the wee sweater I bought in January or the raincoat in March. So there! ;)






I would have loved to take a black cab tour there, but that excursion must be left for a time when I have visitors as I'm sure it would be better shared.  

No comments:

Post a Comment