Sunday, August 4, 2013

Tiramisu from Scratch

My friend Joe, who doesn't cook or bake, but who does eat with discerning taste,
 is who inspired me to create this dessert.  No he did not help me. In case your wondering.

I will take full credit, besides that given to my muse:
I took direction from Sprinkle Bakes (I LOVE her website and baking/desserts mmmmm....!) 
and through her, KeyIngredient (their app is rather handy) to create my cups of yumminess.

As it turns out this was a lot of work, more than I really anticipated, but each step is relatively simple, clearly described in the recipe and doesn't take too long.

I was somewhat disappointed I couldn't find any Ladyfingers to purchase, but the homemade result was pretty much a perfect representation and asking for them provided a funny moment with the girls who work in the little Spar in Templepatrick. 

 Ladyfingers before baking...
 ...and after :)
 Zabaglione 
Pastry Cream, not lumpy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment