Monday, June 17, 2013

Belfast Castle & Cave Hill Pathways

The castle isn't really a castle, is it? 
I suppose it is, but I like castles to have castle features like rounded or lengthy turreted sections and moats and some kind of weathered appearance which would encourage me wonder about its history. 



Belfast Castle as seen from the Cat Garden


It does have a cat garden which warrants a little stroll if you are in the area, 
and if you need to nosh there's a cafe inside the castle. The lower section of the property is reminiscent of the drive up to Mont Real with its winding drive, grassy slopes, pretty trees and slightly manicured mini gardens, and it certainly invites lolling on a blanket with a picnic.


 

The hillside above offers plenty of trails of varying grades. 
I climbed up into a cave on my way to the top 
but it's blocked off and not nearly as exciting as I'd hoped. 
The top is windy but gives a lovely view if Belfast harbour and beyond. 


No comments:

Post a Comment