Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Year!!!!

Happy New Year!

2012 was certainly a good year and for me and it ended with a great December.  
So many people made it really nice, 
and a few especially important ones made it absolutely splendid!

Here's to a fabulous 2013!

I plan to:
 Take a small bike tour of the Danube, 
Make my condo snug as a rug, 
Finish knitting a sweater that has been politely waiting since summer, as well numerous new items, some of which to hopefully be created with my Christmas buttons and from stash yarn, 
Visit a few destinations to be determined based on flight loads,
Do things that just make me happy,
Dance,
Cook and bake up a few storms,
Become more acquainted with Calgary,
Get healthy and active,
And I'm sure a whole lot more...

It's going to be a fun one!



My final knitting project of the year was the Steve Zissou Toque: 
A vibrant orange, one by one ribbed, roll brimmed, pointed hat.


If you understand this unique undersea adventurer, or know someone who does, 
and would be willing to knit and or wear a toque in the same style 
- see me pictured below looking rather smurf-like - 
you can find the pattern on my Ravelry page here.

                                           Wrapping up my last project:
                                                                Cute packaging always makes me smile :)


A New Year, A New Me!


Not really, as we all know what happens to resolutions, however, 
right now is as good as any time of year to eat your fruits and vegetables!

Thinking healthy and getting prepared are my resolutions to feeding myself better and on time.




These colourful prepackaged bags all make smoothies fast, fresh, and enjoyable.  
Since I did this in mass production I was not only able to have a variety of fruit 
but I also saved time and money.  I am trying to incorporate more leafy greens into 
my diet in delicious and interesting ways as I did not nearly eat my quota in 2012, 
so stayed tuned for more tasty and motivating ideas to enjoy fresh produce... 
Winter often does not get me thinking fresh, but just think, it's summer somewhere!

P.S.  Do not worry about the spinach because you can't taste it at all.  



One smoothie = 2 servings fruits and 1 vegetables


1 cup fruit chunks (I used mango, pineapple, peach, strawberry, banana and grapes)
1/2 cup spinach
1/2 - 1 cup water
1/3 cup plain yogurt

Use blender to whip up until smooth and dreamy!

No comments:

Post a Comment