Thursday, January 31, 2013

Kale, and Such

Kale, Kale, what to do with Kale



Success: Kale Pasta
I chose to make a pasta with a small raindrop shape pasta which is ideal for mixing with other chunky ingredients.

I used 1/2 cup pasta when dry, the whole bunch of kale cooked (see below), with three roasted red peppers and about 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbled.

Kale:
Bunch of Kale, Chopped (end of stem removed)
Roasted Head of Garlic, Mashed
Sea Salt, 1/4 tsp, or more to taste
Olive Oil
Water

Heat oil and garlic, then add kale and let cook for a minute or two.  Add water and mix kale around to coat, cover and let steam-cook until soft (but not too limp), stirring occasionally, about 7-10 minutes on a lower setting.

Olives and maybe anchovy would be nice, too.





Best Fruit Concoction Yet in the Magic Bullet



Half a Kiwi 

+
Pomegranate Arils 
+
1/2 cup Mango 
3-4 Strawberries
+
Water or juice - Fill to half way



Whiz these ingredients for 10-20 seconds.  
*
Sadly, seeds aren't 'magically' crushed.




Did you know that one pomegranate has between 200 and 1400 seeds?  
I didn't count how many I plucked from mine, 
but I did remove them all at once in one red-stained-fingers sitting.  




Going Japanese

Noodles + Sweet & Sour Peanut Sauce + Vegetables + Chicken = Yummy!






Fun with Biscuits!  

There are certain things that should only be made with white flour, and biscuits are one of them.  
So delectable warm from the oven!!!!  

Savory Stars


Sweet Hearts







Interestingly oatmeal cookies can be made with whole wheat flour 
and the flavour is no different than with white... 

That means I can eat as many as I want, right! 









Left Overs - Curried Chicken Salad... maybe I could have added grapes or raisins.  

                                                                            Next time.








Photo Preference

Does one look more appealing than the other?  I just want to know!  I'm trying to take better photos, as I said eons ago, but have been slacking off... Maybe you can help me?









 P.S.  These little glasses are for Chocolate Mousse!!!! Yahoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment