Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Thankful of the Earth's Giving

Our first Thanksgiving of the weekend... Our traditional fare.

Hope everyone is nice and full, feeling thankful, and still eating leftovers. 
Mmm leftovers... The true fruits of your Turkey (Ham, Rabbit, Chicken, Duck etc.) Day 
meal preparation efforts. Only, it seems we are now out of pie! 


It was only for four, so we have a wee bird.

Of course there's also the equivalent to ten cans of pumpkin purée in my freezer, 
and I could just get that out, 
but I'm actually revelling in the time spent outside of the kitchen just now. 

Couldn't wait... But so polite she used a fork ;)
I should re-evaluate my finger snatching...

We chose two themes for our different meals:
Turkey - Traditional, and Rabbit - Farm Thanksgiving.
We ate on the new to me old china dishes I was just given,
and that gave the atmosphere a nice touch.

 
Intelligently we waited a day between meals.
The weather was pretty as you can see below, but it was windy and cold,
so we quickly retired from our photo background.


On to meal number two. Everything from the farm!
(Rabbit, potatoes, spices, kohlrabi, peas, mushrooms, horseradish,
onions, garlic, gravy, wine, pumpkin, tomato jam...)
However it looks remarkably similar.
Same kitchen!


And meal number three, for many more people than the first two, 
which I only enjoyed eating, not preparing!


What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment