Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Amsterdam, Finally

I found time at last to upload these photos, 
only to discover my camera wasn't focusing correctly the whole time! 
Oh no, 
but I don't think the photos are particularly high resolution on the blog anyway... 
Sometimes I feel badly you can't enjoy the pristine resolution like I can. ;)


Amsterdam wouldn't be enjoyed properly without gouda, or a photo in front of numerous wheels.
Above was simply a photo op, and we actually shopped repeatedly for cheese 
at a local cheese market in Zwanenburg, across from the Albert Heijn.


We were lucky enough to catch the Keukenhof Gardens - the famous tulip gardens. 
It was a perfect place for photos!


The Dutch eat their Friets with a dollop of mayonaise. 
I still prefer ketchup.
A very modern-retro-corrogated-cute-I-used-scrap-to-build-this food truck line-up.

Wisteria... mmmm


A sense of humour. The lenses aren't rose coloured, but the frames are!

My favourite flower photo. I'd like that for my title page. 
Title page of what I don't know yet,




In the atrium of Beatrix

Everything bulbs and bicycles!


How I love these whimsical old-fashioned collections. 
Chocolate and cookie packaging over the ages on display in the museum.
See Zaanse Schans for more information on the outdoor/indoor museum.

Windmills everywhere! However not nearly as common as they once were, 
back when they were the power horse of so many industries. 

This particular back yard was on museum grounds, but lived in by a modern human, or more,
and it is quite quaint and similar to many more I saw riding around the country on my super-two.
Many homes are waterfront!

Just across the lane from my chalet, the lovely Elder blossoming in perfection.
Oh the lushness and greens of Holland in Springtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment