Thursday, October 5, 2017

Amsterdam & Flowers


If the first thing that comes to mind when pondering Holland is bicycles, I'd not be surprised.
Cheese and windmills, too. But along with tulips, (I'm certain you thought of them!) 
Holland is filled with flowers. 


Tulips are a first love, but all bulb propagated flowers are well featured 
in gardens, fields, and for sale.
My personal favourites are all the various peonies!
Even the scattered petals are lovely!
(But they don't last like true friendship...)


For my birthday, a rhizome and bulb bouquet. In purple, of course!


Lisianthus is so rose-like. Minus the prickles :)


Best of all, was the company I had for my birthday, and with whom to enjoy all the flowers. 
Even simple, yet vibrant, poppies.













No comments:

Post a Comment