Monday, February 22, 2016

Pots and Pans

Wow! 
We received a wonderful housewarming gift! 


Amazing pots from Mepra SpA. 
The smaller of the taller two, fits perfectly as a double boiler. 
The shape is graceful, the sizes, well probably oversized, 
but just think of the magical dairy experiments that make oversized not only okay, but necessary. 
The shorter one is wide and versatile. 


They are hotel kitchen grade. 
I hope that means like Hotel Sacher grade. 
Ja. 
A whole level I never previously imagined. 


I kind of wanted a black and white only post. 
Will have to save that for another day, because sometimes you just need colour to express the nostalgia certain items can procure. 


For example these red-orange enamel cast iron frying pans. 
Enamel is key. You can't just cook everything on an iron surface. 
But cook your bacon and sunny-side-up eggs there, scrambled or omelette here. 

Actually, I'm not the best egg cooker. Why? Because soft boiled are The Best. 
But sometimes you have to give eggs a new look. 
Jordan likes eating all the new looks, and I like the egg cooking practice. 

One day I'll be eggcellent! 


No comments:

Post a Comment