Sunday, October 25, 2015

Retracing my Summer's Path

Back home, back to my computer, 
where it's possible to look (back) at my summer through a clearer lens. 
A little bit at a time. 

Life has got me waterskiing behind a truck. 
I'm sure I bring it upon myself, sigh, 
however can't resist taking a few minutes (hours) to reflect on summer's sunny days 
and sunny ways, in higher pixel formatting.

This will come in a number of installations. 
Apologies in advance. ;)

"Hillsborough"... Can't you just hear the Queen saying that?

It's a cute place to take a stroll, both in the common and along the main street. 
Seriously, it is where Elizabeth stays.


I wish I could eat a piece of this cake right now.
This is probably my favourite picture of my birthday cake.
 I love cake. In case you hadn't already come to that conclusion. 

Can't decide - this peony photo?

Or this one?
Do we actually have peonies for sale at the grocery store in Canada, ever? 
I think not, but if they are, 
I'm certain they wouldn't be so affordable. 
Requesting TESCO in the new Métis/Country Hills Blvd development. 

A trial involving cute tribulations

I was testing out red velvet cake here, and the naked cake look. 
I don't seem to have mastered the quaint english look I've seen 
in bakebooks and Lakeland catalogues. 
What is it I am missing? Please tell me! Then I promise to make you one.

Donard in the Distance
Love the Drama

Proof I was there. 
Thanks for posing with me Mr. Ferguson. 
 Northern Ireland's favourite hiking area and it's most famous individual before Mr. Morrison.
Maybe I'll buy one of his tractors some day. (He was born in the house in the background btw!)

I may have given up on the 'naked' business (regarding cakes only, I assure you, at least for some time),
but here I got the red velvet part right.
Happy Birthday Canada! xx

I can never choose which cake photo I like best...
Three layers, with icing or filling and icing over the outside, 
will always be my idea of the perfect, traditional layer cake. 
It's moist, stays that way and possibly even gets better after a few days!



I hope the quality of these photos far out does those in the summer posts... 






No comments:

Post a Comment