Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

We wanted a Valentine's Themed cake for the day of love.
I think it turned out very pretty.
Happy Valentine's Day to you! 
Hugs and Kisses!

(for all those anti Valentine's Day people out there, you're sincerely missing the point. 
Valentine's Day is just about love, every kind of it, so enjoy it, embrace it, eat it, whatever! 
I'm sure you love something.)


 The recipe and idea came from Sprinkle Bakes
She's not nearly as specific about techniques and tricks as my tried and true, beloved cake genius, Sweetapolita, but she sure makes beautiful creations. 
So why not try?


 We both think cake should be moist. Not just because it's under baked. 
Though I am often accused of baking dough when it comes to cookies 
- but isn't that what cookies are??? - 
Translation: "Are these actually baked?"... 
I think this, in the very important case of cake, has to do with another element: 
Butter versus Oil. 


In my humble opinion, butter gets plenty of accolades for many uses, 
however on the subject of cake (not icing!) 
I feel this is truly oil's place to shine. ;)

P.S. We are eating the berries and the icing. 
But not the cake.
Too dry!


No comments:

Post a Comment