Thursday, February 12, 2015

Far-away iPhone/ Close-Up Canon

A couple of views, none of which ever capture the colour of the cloudless sunset or 
the visually shattering, sun-kissed, hue-emblazoned sunrise 
over the edge of the earth's curvature 
as you emerge from the black darkness of night. 

Those are undoubtedly the most pigment rich moments. 
The yellow, turning orange, pink if you're patient and blues... 
What do you call those colours?  

Incandescent lemon-gold, 
Licking flames of wildfire, 
Profound yet transparent azalea technicolour and 
Shades of eternal azure and lapis. 

Cannot pick a favourite. 

All impossible to photograph. So, I've left you with these daytime shots:


Humphrey's Peak - a lone mountain south east of the Grand Canyon, just north of Flaggstaff, AZ



Vancouver - Downtown and North Van separated by shallow morning fog



Cotton Candy - South Dakota, perhaps...



Cancun. The south end of the strip. Runway heading to 4DME, left turn 300, intercept V314 
outbound to OTOMO. It's a better view than the published departures.



On the ramp in Cayo Coco at sunset.

******

On a more Macro note:
I'm trying to develop my green thumb.


Project One:
These are my last two orchid blossoms - photo taken about two weeks ago. 
They're just finishing now.
The leaves and roots appear to be healthy so I'm planning to keep and care 
for the plant in hopes to coax a new set of buds to form... 
It's possible to have this happen up to three times a year I've read, 
but I'll be quite satisfied if I manage this once by October, 
considering the three month duration of the store bought blooms! 




Project Two:
Christmas Cactus. 
I bought this plant over two years ago. It was beautiful and laden with bountiful buds...
I brought it home, naturally, and in the dry climate of the condo and Calgary in general,
 within two days every blossom dried and fell off. 
How sad!

It's a green plant and a cactus so I kept it, figuring at least green is good. 
Maybe I'll not give up.
Before Christmas I happened to have a wee conversation with a lady in the grocery line up regarding Christmas Cactus and re-blooms. I've followed her instructions and they're working!
Just look at those buds!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment