Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Home and Farm, My Favourite Work

 

Time passes quickly - especially as we get older, and when we are having fun. My recent, quick stay-cation on the farm seems to have been proof of both. I do love my farm, my home and being on vacation, and I have also racked up another full year of life, despite the fact of only being a single day older than the day before... 


When we still though we had time to make nice breakfasts...


As always I'm trying to accomplish more than I ever do indeed get done. This work-ation being no different, plus the fact that we had a giant storm mid-week that resulted in two days without power. And how greatly we rely upon that buzzing grid of electricity. Water, heat, laundry, lights, animal watering, cooking... and the list goes on. Clearly, I've learnt, we are not anywhere near being self reliant, and one should build in buffer days to one's lofty to-do lists. 



My helper, who has helper history. 


(Oh my sweet little puppy dog!)


Nevertheless we now have a little orchard to tend. Little I say because everything in it is little, however it does encompass a reasonably large amount of space, meaning that, one day if it all matures well, we may have far more fruit than could ever be used by one household. I have my fingers crossed! Step one (of a million) on the path to farm diversification. I also have my fingers crossed for a few fruits this year, just to get a taste. The bees have been busy, so perhaps those lovely little pollinators will make my wish come true. 😋 



Before and after. Hopefully it gets bushier soon! 


Admittedly this isn't the best photo for showing details... but everything is planted! 
I told you the plants are little! 


No comments:

Post a Comment