Friday, April 28, 2017

New Books

I meant to talk about each of these books when they arrived, in the mail, pre-ordered and coveted. So I'll do that now. 



Floret's book (which I did mention before) is written by the farmer-florist-founder herself, and as with all her creations, it's beautiful. The gorgeous photos are inspirational, as is her garden. Supposedly they only farm a few acres, but the flowers appear to go on for miles. Oh to roam that forest of flowers, that abundance of varieties, to have and to hold that length of season! Well, each to their own climate, we all can grow a bounty of flowers. It's worth the hard work and toil. Erin will show you how. She has wonderful descriptions and simple instructions for success. The pages are full of love and honest, tried-and-true methods that can likely be adapted to your own garden in some way. She also includes information and instructions for keeping cut flowers fresh and decorating with them - a little along the lines of the courses she offers, though I'm certain those are much more in depth! 


The book didn't come out early enough to use it for planning my garden this year, but there's still a lot of useful and applicable suggestions I'll be employing this season. (Yes, I've already read it through once.) I really wish I could purchase some of her flowers, especially corms and bulbs, but they don't ship to Canada... if you live in the US however, and you're thinking of purchasing seeds and more, she has a breathtaking collection. 



Jan Berry of the Nerdy Farm Wife, suggested this new book, Alchemy of Herbs, of which I previously knew nothing, and the more I looked into it the better I liked the ideals. Who wouldn't want to simply eat to their health? I'm a no supplement, eat your nutrition kind of person, and I guess I'm not the only one! Rosalee the author is too, and she's created an herbal cookbook incorporating genuine healthiness into delicious meals. It's difficult to get proportions right when using an ample amount of herbs or spices to get enough in a portion, while not sacrificing flavour. I have brought this one with me to enjoy while I'm away, so you may hear more about it soon. 


Okay time for bed. Must crush the jet lag to dust. 


No comments:

Post a Comment