Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Final Few Days At Home

My pets paused for a quick click between their endless battles. 
Always in a brawl, but in a loving sort of way... 


The carnation. An under appreciated gem of a blossom. This is a pretty flower, with staying power. It really lasts and lasts, not to mention it comes in an amazing array of colours and shades. Vibrant or pastel... I'm looking forward to growing mine this summer. They're seeds from Renee's Garden, imported from France. I think they'll be shades of pink, which is a great colour for flowers. 



Cake. I just happened to take a picture. One little quick snap. We actually have had two cakes somewhat recently, but alas, we did more eating than photo taking, and by that time the remainder wasn't so pretty! 



Oh and it snowed just before I left. Over a foot! In one morning. There it is in the window making the bathroom look cozy.








My ongoing project with Bee products. Possibly a rather dirty collection of bees, honey, pieces of comb, and wax, which may well be making the process of extracting the usable parts more difficult. But that's the way I managed to get my Bee refuse, for nothing, and I would need to learn these methods regardless. I just hope, with more pure substances, the process would not only be simpler, but may result in better substances. 



I was hoping mainly for wax, but so far I've only extracted useable honey successfully.

 The wax will take at least another round of heating, melting, and straining. 

But heck, honey is a good thing! Still I'm hoping for candles and cosmetics...




I did manage to get a photo of my gift basket donation, and here it is:



A small insight into the third round of products for my testers, mainly on the creams, day creams we will call them, because that's the most complicated part. Scent is clearly an overwhelming power, so perhaps they either should all have had the same scent, or none at all. And the smell of black liquorice is not a smell most people enjoy... News to me, but then again I like to eat it, too. 


Scent aside, the Lemon Anise and the Tahitian Lime have the most similar texture. Between those two, the Lemon Anise has the most coverage and is preferred in conjunction with a loose powder: skin stays moisturized and the powder shows no signs of drying. Due to this natural product process I've entered, I can now say there are days (days I don't need any under-eye correction/ days I'm not at work) when even I don't need any skin make-up (yay!), and the Tahitian Lime moisturizer is just right. Although it requires more effort to spread it, it is the right coverage for the whole day. 


The Oriental Orange cream is probably the most enjoyed scent, but it's difficult to compare as it has a remarkably different texture. So I think it's just a matter of textural preference. 




And there's still comparison to the original Lemon Meringue cream! It does have a lovely scent and I'm working on a consistent product. It's more of a night cream, with a thicker, more emollient feel. 


Sorry, I know I'm still seriously playing catch up on posts!
 Next one will have something to do with the Netherlands! 
I promise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment