Thursday, January 1, 2015

Christmas In Calgary

'Twas the Night Before Christmas...
Or at least it was...


My toes were a gold red and gold whimsy and making me truly festive from head to toe.


We got a new duvet cover and new pillow shams. 
They're flannelette and ever so cozy! Excellent for sick kittens. 
Like us. Boohoo. 


Beautiful Christmas flowers and our yarn puzzle (how fitting!) 
which is actually rather challenging. Maybe we aren't so hot at puzzles, but it's coming along. 
Must finish it before the flowers come to an end...!


Here I'm testing out a method and recipe from Peter Reinhart on perfect pizza. 
He's got four crust types: 
Classic Italian thin crust, an all american, a country version and a focaccia. 
I'm using the country version in attempt to feed us healthy food, with kale pesto, home made ricotta and grape tomatoes, however I'm not so sure this will ultimately be our favourite. 
My money is on the classic ;) 
Especially when I get around to making mozzarella from scratch. 


There was a lot of talk about blenders recently. 
Like the high powered, send your smoothie to space kind. 
Vitamix was obviously considered but as the price tag is impossibly high and considering there are other brands available offering the same horsepower, 
you could have an amazing blender for far less of your hard earned moula. 
Insert the Ninja! My lovely Christmas gift :)
(And coffe maker, grinder, tea towel, colanders, milk bottle... Spoiled!)


I've often thought its funny blenders have this setting 'liquefy' because they don't really liquefy anything. The Ninja hasn't got such a named function, but 'high' accomplished the feat. 
There was a raw beet added whole and now the only trace it's left behind is its telltale colour. 
Pretty in Pink.

The pesto was made in the blender, too. 
Baby kale, garlic, olive oil, Brazil nuts and some Parmesan.
It turned out very smooth and also brought out a beautiful green hue.

Do you have a favourite smoothie combo? Let me know! 


These glasses make everything we drink even better, somehow. 
Have I even washed another glass since Christmas? Likely not!

Do you have work earrings? I do now :) 
Of course they don't need to be restricted to riding in a Boeing. 
They'll be getting to work in a '99 Civic ;)


Golden lovely! 

No comments:

Post a Comment