Thursday, October 2, 2014

My New Favourite Eastern City





Québec City! (...Eastern Canadian City)

Indian Summer gives any place a certain air, of loveliness, but the old city was very quaint and tidy and steep with of course a certain 'je ne sais quoi' in the environs. I'm not sure the Québécois would like their city to be described as European per say, but I think it is even more so than Montreal, in comparison to the rest of Canada. 


Just a little alley way...


Le Château Frontinac ... Is not our crew hotel. Too bad, eh?


I do remember being here once before, for a day when I was 14, but this refreshment was perfect.
I'd be happy if work sent me here all the time!


A view over the harbour. Cruiseships and Sunshine! 
I ate Poutine of course and a croissant and felt very pleased about that. 


This blue door's house number is 6 1/2... Funny! 
Although it looks just as old as the other houses on the street, 
so perhaps it wasn't as afterthought after all. 


I took this photo in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. 
This plane is one of our newest and has an extraordinary lighting system. 
As you can see through the windows it's all blue inside. There's many nice options for settings that provide lighting at night that is also gentle on the eyes. It feels quite futuristic ;)


I have waited my entire flying career to get this squawk code...!
So I had to take a quick shot and share it.


******

And a little about recent kitchen developments. 
There's some excellent growth in this sector of the business ;) 
The second photo shows the sizeable factor of difference.  
Same ingredients, same amount of flour - so much bigger! The trick? 
Poolish and a lot more water... I guess altitude needs special treatment! 


The result is an airy, delicious texture and maybe even more fresh bread flavour.





No comments:

Post a Comment