Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Yarn First, Pattern Later

Yarn-aholic. Indeed. 

Pick a pattern first, then choose a suitable yarn for the project. 
At least that's what yarn-aholics plan to do, and would suggest that someone else do. 
We just tend to go about that process backwards. 
It's an awkward journey in this direction, and though I know better - I'm addicted. 
I would tell you it's hereditary, but of that I cannot truly be certain. 

It's fluffy mounds of enchanting colour that can be tamed 
artistically into an array of useful shapes and items... 



This yarn was purchased last autumn in Ireland and I began knitting this past July. 
Deciding on the pattern was tough, but in the end I chose this pattern for the 
cables and the modern interest of the unusual shaping. 



The sweater is rather warm and cozy, big and draping. 
Great for cold nights and thawing out beside a fire, 
however not your most feminine and curve conscious sweater. 

The shape is so fun though! Like a flying fox! Don't you think?



I can't believe this Asymmetrical Woolly Wrap Sweater is finally finished, 
blocked and dried, and photographed :)

We were out with some cows, taking these photos. A wee nod to where we'd like to hang our hats. 
Out in the country, where a sweater like this would do me some good.
At the minute, just right to display some autumn knitting...


Pattern: Vogue Knitting, August 2013, #12 Asymmetric Pullover
Wool: Brown Aran Tweed, Donegal/Kilcarra Yarns, purchased in Co. Donegal, Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment