Monday, February 18, 2013

One last dessert...

...and then I promise I'll consentrate on less edible endeavours.



Ta-da! Poached Pear and Coconut Milk Rice Pudding


This looks so fancy and it's easy!  But you do need to stay in the kitchen or at least nearby.  

In other words I need to get my buzzer working in my building so I don't have to 
wait for my company down stairs.


Begin with the pears.  

Boil one liter water with 1 cup sugar and a stick of cinnamon. Stir to dissolve sugar. 
Add star anise if you have it.  I wish I did, but couldn't find it anywhere!
Lower heat and cook four peeled brown pears for 15-20 minutes. 

Remove pears and keep the liquid reducing on low for 20-25 minutes.  
It will still be very runny, so that this way you can pour it!

Meanwhile and a can of coconut milk to a liter measure and add water to fill to one liter.
Put in a pot with 1 cup Arborio rice and 1/2 cup sugar.  
Boil and then reduce to simmer allowing to cook for 25-30 minutes. 

Serve warm or room temperature, with a sprinkle of cinnamon if you'd like a Greek touch.  
Four servings of Greek won't hurt anyone, but watch out before the Trojan Horse rides in. 




No comments:

Post a Comment