Friday, November 10, 2017

Yorkshire Dales Area

On a perfect Autumn day I enjoyed a lovely walk in the Yorkshire Dales area,
and brought my camera along.

On the right side of this little bridge, there is such a sharp uphill turn that there I met with a backing-up truck tankering fuel,
and a downhill stopped semi as it wasn't possible for them to pass! 



A day or two before I went out to the countryside, 
I received an email from Robin Harford on what to forage in November.


I was excited to use his guide because I was actually in England! 
The very place he wrote it.The very place he forages.
And because Alberta prairies don't often offer too much in the way of foraging, 
nor the items of which he seems so particularly fond.



And even though I was trying to be very observant in this outdoor environment, 
I didn't really find a thing except for rose-hips, and they were soggy, and sadly spoilt.
Anyone else have any luck in this department?


I love these simple stiles. Can't say I have ever seen one in Canada. 
Then again, walking culture is different in North America. In so many ways...


I found a broken down, old and abandoned house in the woods. 


 I always try so hard to imagine how it once was, who was there, and why they are gone...


I couldn't help myself and climbed inside. 


I just had to see more!
We are actually uncovering some very interesting facts about 
the beginnings of our homestead and farm. 
Those things just set your mind to thing, wondering, pondering!


There were hundreds of these over-turned black mushrooms along my walk.
Any idea what kind they are?




You see, I was in fact there. If you can recognize me out of focus...


Afternoon sunshine pouring down..mmmm...
 There were many people out enjoying it, but I caught a wee break in the traffic on the main trail.



Back home now, with seeds to sort, produce to use, and some reflections to be had. 
And snow to traipse through. Of course! It's winter after all.
There will definitely be fond reminiscing of the garden!
And perhaps I'll even post on harvest and seeds sooner than later...

Hope you enjoy the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment