Friday, July 22, 2016

From the Far Away Land of Warsaw


Varsava, is how you say it. Roll the R. Like an Ice Queen. 
But don't be icy. You'd melt here. It's hot. And furthermore the people of Warsaw are nice. 

I've not had time to write, or do anything else recently, but I could no longer be silent about my distant location. So, now I will explain how Warsaw is the modern Eden. 

Why? Because of the fruit. 
But because Polish is one tricky language I've got no idea what is forbidden. So far raspberries, blueberries, cherries, watermelon, plums, gooseberries, currants, grapes and apricots are not! 

I've never actually eaten a perfectly ripe apricot before this afternoon! Amazing!  
So delicious it's almost unreal. 


Then again most foods are excellent here. Kiełbasa, milk, fresh cheese, yogurt, and pastries are all wonders for the tastebuds. That's the diet here in Poland, and people are of the good looking, slender type. I also suspect they may consume more cabbage than Canadians on a whole. 

Most of the fresh items must be produced very locally, because they are sooooo fresh. 

I'd enjoy visiting a farm. When I look down from the sky, I see farms with long skinny fields all of different shades of greens. Then I would ask the farmers why this is so. I've been given recent communism layout and family divisions as reasons, but I'm only partly convinced. Any ideas? 

Oops. And I just polished off a whole pound of apricots. 😋

There are actually tonnes of other grand things about this city and country, but they will have to wait for a future post! 


Napoleonka. 

(Though quite honestly I'm currently loving all things meringue. Which is probably a good thing due to the number of eggs our chickens are laying... If I had more time I'd give houzz.co.uk a longer perusal... I am rereading 'Home' by Bill Bryson which started almost by accident but it hoodwinked me and I'm halfway through. Just as addicted as the first time... My life in Warsaw has the raspberry colour above as a constant theme. No beret, but I couldn't resist having my toes match my apartment...)


I like to read everything I see in English here. It's often random and/or funny.

More about the farm next time...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete