Thursday, July 26, 2012

Some New Ideas

Oscilloscope Off the Needles

Hotel rooms are great places for blocking.  There's either a huge bed, or an extra one which is a perfect surface for pinning.  There are plenty of towels.  The humidity levels are very low and the room is temperature controlled.  Ideal blocking conditions at your whim...

This cozy shawl looks even better blocked.  A little photo shoot is planned and I am beginning to think about a location and what to wear with the shawl.  More on this later.

This pattern is from Knitscene Fall 2010, by Kate Gagnon Osborn.



A Photography Class

I would like to improve my ability to take quality photos of my creations.  When a project has turned out well it is very nice to have a few photos of the finished item that capture the essence of it as a whole, the fit and function, as well as the details.  That is why I signed up for an online class with Craftsy. The best part is that it's online, available anywhere I have internet access, any day, any time.  And that really works with my schedule! It's interactive, simple to use, lasts forever and well organized.  

My hope is that I will have better photos for you in the future!  It might also get me interested in a new camera as well... !  Currently, any close up photo seen here is taken with my iPhone as it takes far superior shots to that of my regular Sony Camera.



Entertaining Menus (Don't Laugh!)

With four whole days off in my future, I see myself testing out some new recipes, which I have incorporated into two menus.  

Sweetapolita: Cake number two... a chocolate sensation!

Martha Stewart (or perhaps the creative people behind the name): Sauces... I am very intrigued by sauces as of late... they can really add a special touch to a dish.  Tapenade, a classic Vinegrette and a Grapefruit Coulis.






Miss Rose: I called it Tiramisu, however not a classic, more my own take on a layered, creamy, boozy dessert ideal for warm summer evenings.  At least that's the idea.

I hope I can cook and bake and make my way through all of this, and that we can eat it all, too!  Not that I'm against leftovers, especially good ones left in my fridge, it's just that I like trying it all out and having everyone else's opinions about the results. 






Button Inspiration!

These certainly do not complete my entire button archive, however I do enjoy looking at them displayed as such and thought even if buttons were not your thing, it's still an interesting picture!

1 comment:

  1. Elfi,
    I can't believe I've been missing out on your latest escapades. I only checked your blog again today after having read your initial post right when you sent me the link. You're so good at posting regularly - I really should set up my own blog and then try to keep it updated, too... I absolutely love your button collection! In fact, I came across some cute buttons just the other day. If I can remember where I saw them I'm going to contribute them to your collection :)
    Can't wait to talk to you again!!!

    -Martina

    ReplyDelete